too bad they don’t know how to use it! Heyo!
Amazon.com is known for many things. Great products at the best prices around, cutting-edge eReaders, stellar customer service and as of the last few years, environmentally friendly custom product packaging and shipping practices.
So imagine my surprise when UPS showed up at my house today with a big box from Amazon. A really big box. I thought to myself, what did I order? Four memory cards and a Samson Zoom H1 DAC, in two separate shipments.
Too bad they don’t know how to use it!
All of the above products are known for their size. The secure digital card is the smallest professional quality memory card. They are about the size of a quarter. The Samson Zoom H1 is one of the smallest, high-end (yet very affordable) personal digital audio recorders on the market, about the size of a Snickers bar.
So, what did I forget that I had ordered from Amazon.com that needs a 10 x 10 x 21 inch box rated for 65lbs?
Four secure digital cards of course! Seriously Amazon.com? I guess this is why they ask for commentary on how they are doing with their efforts for effective, efficient, economical and environmentally friendly shipping practices.
Check out package two, did Amazon.com do a better job?
- Amazon’s Eco-Friendly Shipping? (forbes.com)
- Amazon to offer eco-friendly shipping, carbon credits? (techflash.com)
- Amazon Will Soon Offer Eco-friendly Shipping Option (doyourpart.com)
- More patent stupidity | Amazon.com Patents Customized Shipping Options for Greener Orders : TreeHugger (dccrowley.posterous.com)
- Amazon Granted Patent for Salving Your Conscience (fastcompany.com)
- Customer Disservice (juixe.com)