I was thinking today about how much I have to catch people up on. Even though my life isn’t super exciting or anything, I often put out these quick short stories and get so distracted that I never follow up on them. So here we go.
- My parents live in Saudi Arabia, I visit them about twice a year and I love it there. I am hoping to go back out there in October for a month, it isn’t so hot that time of the year.
- My apartment that has mold still isn’t habitable so Ryan and I are continuing to live in hotels/vacation rentals. Supposedly it will be done by August but it’s already been April, May, June and July so we’re not holding our breath.
- My family’s house in wine country, the one with the squatter, is on it’s way into recovery. After around $30,000 in damages, we have contractors lined up and the whole place should be totally remodeled and beautiful again by my birthday, August 2.
- I started the 4-Hour Body diet, aka Slow Carb Diet nearly two weeks ago. So far I’m down fifteen pounds. I have thirty-five yet left to go until I’m where I want to be. This is a hugely daunting road ahead but I just keep reminding myself that I’m already 1/3 the way there.
- San Francisco Pride was awesome.
It was my first SF Pride as a resident of the city but certainly not my first SF Pride. I stupidly started my #4HB diet the week of pride so I didn’t partake in too much of the drinking and eating that happens at Pride but I still managed to have a great time. Thanks to Jason for hosting the BBQ at his place. What a stunning view we had!
- My photography might be featured in Time magazine. That is still up in the air. The editor said he loved the photos “thanks, these look great!” and then I heard nothing else. So maybe they will be, maybe not. Either way super cool that someone saw my photos and liked them enough to consider them for such a venerable magazine.
- I got to spend a wonderful week with one of my best friends, Sam,
in Seattle with Ryan for his birthday. Sam was just an amazing host and I cannot thank him enough for his hospitality. I’m hoping Ryan and I can return the favor when he comes out to San Francisco to visit at the end of the summer.
Also he is an amazing photographer and just a genuinely awesome guy.
- My mom is flying from Saudi Arabia to visit me for two weeks here in San Francisco. I’m super excited about that though I do wish my dad was able to make it out here too.
- No, I don’t actually have an iPhone 5.
- In nine days I fly out to Austin, the drive for a meeting in San Antonio with a potential client and then I fly to Orlando to meet with a client and a potential client. After that I go to a conference in Orlando then I’m free for a couple of days with my other two besties, Corey and Alexandra who are kindly hosting me. After that, on the 19th, I fly back to San Francisco and check on the renovations.
- I’m quitting Tumblr. I love Tumblr but there really is no reason for me to divide my audience up between two blogs. Plus I’d rather get the pageviews here where I can actually monetize a little if I chose to. So you’ll soon see more regular posts here, just click the Tumblog button on the top left of the menu bar.
Ok, so I think that covers it. Is there anything I missed? Lemme know in the comments!