So we should all know by now that I am no longer a Windows fan boy.Â I actually had a terrible experience using Vista the other day.Â So then why am I thinking about upgrading to Windows Vista on my laptop/desktop?
Both computers can run Vista, that’s why.Â My laptop… well it would do better without the upgrade but my desktop smokes the minimum requirements.
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB of system memory
- 40 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics with:
- WDDM Driver
- 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
- Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
- 32 bits per pixel
- DVD-ROM drive
- Audio Output
- Internet access (fees may apply)
I have a 3.16ghz Pentium 4, 3gb of system memory, 800gb of hard drive space, DirectX 10, 256mb of video memory, two DVD drives (DVD and DVD-R 16x and another CD-R drive), 7.1 audio output and high speed internet.
I just want to play with it… is that so wrong?Â Carrie, don’t hate me!