After months of living in hotels, friend’s places and vacation rentals, we still don’t have our apartment. For the last few weeks, I’m not even sure anyone has entered our bedroom to do any work.
- In April we had to move out of our apartment because it had extremely high levels of toxic mold.
- Cause was discovered to be faulty flashing installation on the second floor patio.
- Lack of flashing was made worse by neighbors who’s plant watering habits caused water to flow down our bedroom wall.
- We discovered the mold when we pulled back a pillow on our bed covered with the black.
- We’re told we will have to to move out while it was getting fixed, should be done within a week.
So, after four months or so of construction, you are all probably betting that we have one hell of a new bedroom. Marble floors, Persian rugs, gargoyles… Yeah pretty damn fancy huh. I didn’t even get to the babbling brook!
Sadly, you would be quite mistaken. This is what four months of remodeling gets you:
What’s even worse is this is the most work I have seen done in here since April. Today they came in and started installing the insulation and did a little drywall work. Correction, “they” didn’t do anything, one guy did it all.
Did I mention that the supposed final date of this construction is July 31st? As in, by August 1st this bedroom is supposed to be insulated, dry wall installed, painted, carpet installed and ready for furniture to be brought back in. Meanwhile we still have to get new linens, pillows, mattress…
Anyone want to wager a bet on when this will all actually be finished? Anyone have any hope that it will happen before my mom gets in town for my birthday, August 2nd?
I sure do.